Queen Pinkie was kind enough to transform me into a magical girl with her Magical Girl tag. Thank you!
I’ve always enjoyed magical girl animes like Card Captor Sakura when I was younger, so… let’s live out my childhood imagination in a blog post.
1. A Magical Girl is always polite! So be polite! Display the Magical Girl Tag Logo, thank the one who tagged you and if you want tag creator to thank you for participating, tag Pinkie’s original post as well! That last one is optional though!
2. A good magical girl gets the job done! Answer all the prompts! But do it like yourself! Come up with your own ideas, or compare it with other anime or video games! Anything goes! Just get the job done!
3. A good Magical girl always makes friends! Tag at least 2 people! More is optional!
There is no 4! That would be bad luck!
5. A Magical girl is not defined by gender! Feel free to tag anyone!
1. A Magical Creature descended from the skies! It is telling you, you are a magical girl! Describe this magical messenger! What is it.. where is it from?!
This creature is from a Chinese role-playing game called ‘The Legend of Sword and Fairy.’ It’s also called Chinese Paladin. Even though I couldn’t read Chinese characters very well, I still played through almost all of the games. This game was my childhood.
Anyway, this creature appears in the third game and onwards. I am not sure what gender this creature really is. But I used ‘she’ because her human form is female.
Her colours change throughout the series. In the third game, her colour was green. In the fifth, I believe its colour is blue. I’m not sure which game she changes to pink, but apparently, this one’s there. The green one looks much more relaxed and nice compared to the others, though. The blue one especially looks like it’s just been through a lot of crap with its grumpiness.
The literal translation of her name is ‘Five Poisonous Beasts’. In the game, she can cure all kinds of poison, and it’s extremely loyal to her owner. This creature also has a human form. I don’t recall seeing its human form in the games… but she does appear in the live drama adaptation.
Man, I miss playing this now. T~T.
2. Your creature tells you about an evil force from afar! What is this evil force?! What is their goal?!
It would be fun and cool if the antagonist were your alter ego of a human personified version of your inner demons. They lived in something like a parallel universe, and now it’s clashing or threatening the “real world.” But maybe… They are the real ones. Cue dramatic music
It would be like the ‘shadow’ from the Persona series. I would want my ‘evil’ version to have a badass outfit, though… LOL. Maybe something like this from Ghost In the Shell.
I guess their goal would be to make a point that you can’t win against your inner demons. That people always succumb to the seven sins. Maybe, in this world, everyone has someone like this, and it’s united combat of good vs. evil for everyone.
Or, let’s take it Vincenzo style and battle an epic underground mafia that’s been getting away with crimes for over a century. If you don’t know what Vincenzo is, where have you been?! Just kidding. Look it up. You won’t be disappointed.
3. The creature then tells you, you hold a great virtue, it is the reason you have been selected! What is this reason!
Uh… well, going off of my last answer, if everyone has a human personified alter ego, then I wouldn’t think I’m super different from anyone else.
But if I had to answer, it would be not to differentiate anything between good or evil. There are motivations and rationalizations behind every action, so it’s more of discovering and understanding the gray area.
4. After the exposition, a monster shows up at your doorstep! It is time to transform! What is your transformation item?!
After giving this some thought, I decided on a lotus keychain. It’s my favourite flower, and I love its analogy: even when its roots are in the dirtiest waters, the Lotus becomes the most beautiful flower.
Fun fact: I have a lotus tattoo on my inner forearm.
5.Transformation scene time! How do you look as a magical girl?! What is your power and signature attack?!
I’ve been playing Another Eden lately, and I love their designs. So, this look is from one of their character designs.
I love her outfit and design. It’s so cool. I could only wish I could rock the heels and be as tall as her. LOL. Maybe I’ll grow like 5 inches after the transformation.
Controlling dreams and illusions would be cool. Maybe a signature attack would be the ability to manipulate and distort dreams and memories at will. “Nightmare Claw”… That has a nice ring to it. (No, I didn’t steal this name from Another Eden.)
6. Catchphrase time! Name some of those lines you repeat in every episode.. and tell us when you use them! This can be a transformation phrase.. or just something cool you keep repeating!
The truth is what we make it.Rosetta
Rosetta is one of my favorite characters in Another Eden. This is one of her phrases. I guess the most suitable time to say this would be at the end of a battle… ideally after a winning battle.
7. Are you a solo magical girl?! Do you work in a team?! Are you the first recruit or a supportive one?!
Going off of what I said before, it wouldn’t matter if I was the first or not. I think it would be cool if I were part of the first group of people to find out.
I’d imagine a small group of people finding out about these personified demons or this underground mafia. Maybe there’s a reason this specific group of people was chosen as the first group to find out. Who knows?
8. Every magical girl has a goal in her normal life as well! What would your goal be?!
9. What is the Dark Twist to your being a magical girl!
Your lifespan gets slightly shorter, or your mind slowly starts going insane with each transformation. Maybe that’s just the side effect. But why? Can someone stop this? Is there a cure? Maybe.
I hope mine wasn’t boring to read, haha. Before I started writing this, I was expecting a lot of sparkles and rainbows, and it turned out sort of… dark-ish.
Anyway, continuing with the story I crafted through this post, if I could nominate people to be part of my little crew, it would be these three lovely ladies.
The Magical Girl Squad:
Ree @ Ree Aki
Emiko @ Emikothewriter
Rose @ Wretched and Divine